Ingredients and Methods
Ingredients 4 portions
- 100 g peeled & sliced cucumber
- 50 g finely chopped fresh ginger
- 100g mint leaves
- Splash of Pimms
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of sugar
Marie Rose sauce
- 250 ml Mayonnaise
- 125ml Tomato Ketchup
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon Tabasco sauce
- 25ml Pimms or Brandy
- Salt & milled pepper
- 2 Very ripe Avocados peeled & de stoned.
- 50 ml Greek yoghurt.
- 1 small clove garlic grated on a micro plane.
- Salt to taste.
- 275g cooked & peeled de veined Crystal Bay prawns.
To serve (demonstrated)
- 8 Small baby cos leaves.
- Yellow frisee lettuce hearts.
- Herbs such as chives, chervil, dill, tarragon leaves to garnish.
- Soft boiled quail eggs (optional).
1. Combine cucumber, mint & ginger; add a pinch of salt & sugar
Mix then moisten with a splash of Pimms allow to drain in a sieve
2. For the Marie rose sauce simply combines all the ingredients
Season to taste.
3. For the avocado puree place all the ingredients in a food processor
Liquidize to a smooth puree season to taste, transfer to a piping bag
4. Coat the prawns in a little Marie rose sauce.
Take a suitable serving glass like (e.g. Martini glass) fill the base with avocado puree
Take your drained cucumber salad combine with some mint leaves & shredded lettuce coat with some dressing and arrange on the avocado then top with the prawns neatly.
5. Dress the baby cos leaves & frisee, herbs with some dressing.
Finely dress the prawns with some more Marie rose & garnish with cos leaves herbs & the optional peeled quail eggs.